Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AandE0322

Re: The Chosen App Season 4 Issues

Jump to solution

Mine was doing the exact same thing last night. I tried updating the App and it still did not work. However, this morning, I tried updating the App and it did update. Everything is actually working now but it has all episodes from season 4 locked. I do not understand this at all. I did notice that they have the livestream of season 4 episode 1 on the App and it will work. So, maybe try updating your App again and see if it will work for you.

Artiscolor
Reel Rookie

Re: Chosen app on Roku - Season 4

Jump to solution

Same for me too. Season 4 is locked previous seasons are ok to watch again 

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Chosen App Crashes constantly

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users,

Welcome and thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are experiencing issues with The Chosen channel, and we're here to help.

In order to help you resolve this issue, we highly recommend following these steps:

• Fully close The Chosen: First, completely exit the channel and all other apps or programs running in the background, then try opening it again.
  • System restart: Turn off your device or go to Settings > System > Power or System restart (and the modem and router, if applicable). Wait a few minutes, then power back up.
  • Uninstall and Reinstall: highlight the channel, press the star (*) button on your Roku remote, and select "remove."

For further troubleshooting, please visit our support page on How do I resolve channel playback issues. If the issue persists after following the steps above, we highly recommend contacting the channel providers directly. Many channels/apps on Roku are created, maintained, and updated by the channel providers themselves.

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sbella14

Jump to solution

Had the same problem but works in my phone but not from my moms 

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same issues as everyone else. Last night I couldn't do anything. Today I have access to everything but season 4 episode 1. It's annoying because I bought the ROKU only because The Chosen app didn't come up on my Samsung TV. Now, I still can't watch! Super frustrating!

vmadden
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It is working now...👍 We were able to update the app and we are watching the end of Season 3 now like we planned...😉

Artiscolor
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unfortunately season 4 is still locked on my end. Is it locked on anyone else's end. Please let me know when it's unlocked 

Joeyb1000
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Any luck? I registered, again to watch Season 4 but I keep getting kicked out of the app and the episodes are locked.

Twirl

Jump to solution

The app needs to be updated to the newest version and Roku hasn’t done it yet. Please update!

Joeyb1000
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yah, thanks. I did that, I even reinstalled it. I get kicked out when I click to watch episode 1, not to mention, casting from the phone app doesn't work and I also see on the TV app episode 1 is locked. What a cluster ****. Sorry, so frustrating.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.