Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laura17

Re: The Chosen App Season 4 Issues

Jump to solution

We were told in the video by Dallas Jenkins if we had any problems with the app to email app@The Chosen.tv  but I had no luck there, so I hope it gets fixed by Thursday's episode.  I had no problem downloading the new app but it doesn't work very well on either of my TV's, wish they had just stayed with the old app.  Missed some of tonight's episode because of the new app, not a real happy camper.

Re: Chosen App Crashes constantly

Jump to solution

I'm having issues with the app on my external Roku

System Info

Model Number 4802X

Software Version 13.0.0:24056

I can stream the after show and other content, but not episode 4-1!

I had to load app on my Samsung Galaxy 23+ and even then I couldn't locate ANY of my devices on the same WiFi network. I had to stream using the DeX feature on my phone. That had to suffice, but it was sub par. Other apps stream just fine. No VPN enabled.

AngFill
Reel Rookie

Chosen app on Roku - Season 4

Jump to solution

I just added The Chosen app to view Season 4, after creating a sign in I was on the screen with Season 4  episodes and other info, all episodes of Season 4 are showing locked and if I choose one it says to login, but I am logged in. So I logout and re-sign in… still doesn’t acknowledge me. HELP

AngFill
Reel Rookie

Season 4 of The Chosen - issues

Jump to solution

Installed The Chosen app, created account, signed in, episodes still locked. When I choose episode 1 of Season 4 message instructs me to sign in, I log out and do it all again. I noticed that the Version is 2.1 but says it’s up to date when I choose to update the app. ADVICE?

Jump to solution

This is an issue that should have been addressed.  We are excited fans of The Chosen, got home from Mass last night to watch it, with horrible, irritating issues.  We finally realized we could watch on YouTube so we did that.  The. Dallas comes on after to say if you didn’t watch Episode 1 on the Chosen App, you missed something.  Well, we would like to but there is an issue.  What did we miss?  I am beyond disappointed.!  FIX THIS ISSUE!

Gmiller777

Re: Chosen app on Roku - Season 4

Jump to solution

Same here. The android app works fine.

kitamomm
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

sorry but your solution is a band-aid, not a solution

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Gmiller777 @AngFill,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for reaching out about this issue with this channel. The lock icon usually indicates which episode requires additional login to access. In this case, we would recommend reaching out to the channel support team for further assistance. Most of the channels on Roku are handled directly by the channel providers themselves.

Feel free to report back here in the Roku Community if there's anything else we can do to further assist you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
kitamomm
Channel Surfer

Re: Chosen App Crashes constantly

Jump to solution

I have a Roku TV and a tv with a Roku stick that neither will update "The Chosen" app from version 2.1 to version 2.6.1. When I check for updates it says they ARE up to date. The app looks updated but it will not play anything below the GIFTS from the tabs on the left side of the screen, when you try to go beyond it throws you out back to the ROKU home screen. It livestreamed fine last night Season 4 ep 1, but now it will not re-play it or let you watch any previous seasons. The answer is not go watch it on Youtube.

kitamomm
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a Roku TV and a tv with a Roku stick that neither will update "The Chosen" app from version 2.1 to version 2.6.1. When I check for updates it says they ARE up to date. The app looks updated but it will not play anything below the GIFTS from the tabs on the left side of the screen, when you try to go beyond it throws you out back to the ROKU home screen. It livestreamed fine last night Season 4 ep 1, but now it will not re-play it or let you watch any previous seasons. The answer is not go watch it on Youtube.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.