Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PunkMaister
Binge Watcher

The Smartview/mirroring no longer supports multimedia files on either Roku devices or Roku TV

Up until the last updates both Roku streaming devices and Roku TVs could be used with Smartview to mirror multimedia files as in with both video and audio but that's sadly no longer the case which has rendered the feature on all Roku devices and Roku TVs all but useless to the point they might as well remove the feature entirely. 

And yes I've tried all the possible solutions to no avail and the multimedia files work fine on non Roku brands such as a Samsung TV I tested it on so its not originating from my smartphone but from Roku brand devices for absolute certain.

Until either a fix is made or the feature is permanently officially removed There's nothing to be done it simply doesn't work anymore. And before anyone says you can still view pictures on it nobody uses Smartview for that but to pipe in movies and TV shows that otherwise they wouldn't be able to.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Smartview/mirroring no longer supports multimedia files on either Roku devices or Roku TV

Hey @PunkMaister 

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue regarding with the SmartView/mirroring feature. We'd like to know more about how we can help. Kindly provide the following information to better assist you.

• Roku device, Device ID, and OS version. These can all can be found in Settings > System > About.
  • Brand, model, and OS of your mobile device.
  • Any error message when trying this feature?

Keep us posted. We look forward to your response!

Sending you the best,

Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos