Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sterlinga
Reel Rookie

Re: The Roku Channels doesnt Work

Jump to solution

I've removed the app, rebooted, re-added the channel changed networks. It's been weeks and on all my devices. The issue has been around for years and, frankly,  I don't know why it's such a difficult problem to resolve.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: The Roku Channels doesnt Work

Jump to solution

@sterlinga When you select a movie are you selecting a movie that is on the Roku Channel itself or trying to access a movie from another provider like Max, Hulu, etc... by using the Roku channel?  

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: The Roku channel - Live TV not working

Jump to solution

@wendaworks I would try to restart the Roku system.  Go to settings, system, power, and select system restart.  This will not mess up any of your current settings or log you out of any apps.

wendaworks
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Your directions were clear, accurate, and easy to follow. And successful. Thank you!

DysonKSphere
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue, but I re-booted the box twice, and still getting the same issue.

0 Kudos
DysonKSphere
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It finally worked.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

[Several replies came in saying the problem was solved while I was writing this.  Oh, well, I'll just leave it here in case it helps someone else.]

When asking for help, you can get better directed advice and suggestions if you mention your Roku model and model number.  You can find both via Settings > System > About.

One of the first things to check is how you are powering your Roku.  If you are powering your Roku by plugging into the USB port on the TV, try powering from house power via a USB power adapter -- one may have been supplied with the Roku**.

The ports on many televisions only supply 0.5 amp or less, which is not enough to power a Roku reliably. It may appear to start up okay, but when it runs into something that requires more power than the TV's USB port can provide, something's got to give. In many cases this results in shutting down the stream you are viewing and exiting back to the Roku home screen.

If this is a new problem, possibly an update to either the Roku operating software or to some channel app software is using a little more power than in the past. If you were just barely scraping by before, this might push you over the edge.

** If your Roku didn't come with an adapter, or if you don't have a Roku adapter handy, a USB power adapter you have from another device should work as long as the fine print on it says it outputs at least 1 amp (1000 milliamps). More than 1 amp is okay, the Roku will only draw what it needs.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DysonKSphere
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have re-started the system on my box, but for the last hour, the live channels keep cutting out -- I choose one, only to be kicked out right back to the main menu.  My attempts to re-start the system only seem to be working intermittently.  I believe someone else also reported this issue today -- anyone know what is going on? 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

A worldwide Internet issue was known and now we can't get access to Roku channel live tv or other apps except a select few.

0 Kudos
Doug0325

Jump to solution

Mine isn’t working either 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.