Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sirump1978
Reel Rookie

Streambar going bad? Missing letters or colors out of whack along with audio issues.

I have posted on here previously about the issue with crackling, audio levels going up and down, etc, similar to the dozens of others with this same complaint. Now, I am having problems where the colors are out of whack or only some letters of words show when others don't. (I have pictures, but can't upload them) A simple reboot fixes it.

Wondering if I need to just get a new one. I don't believe our TV is the issue, because this all only happens when watching/using the Roku.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Streambar going bad? Missing letters or colors out of whack along with audio issues.

Out of curiosity, have you tried unplugging and replugging the HDMI cable at both ends? It's possible some bad connection is causing issues. Or even replace the cable with another one.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.