Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabriels
Reel Rookie

Re: Spectrum TV app buffering

Jump to solution

Just to give an update this week Spectrum had unwatchable with freezing and buffering issues. So I used the online chat today and was very unsatisfied. Spectrum customer service did the usual response (reboot modem, uninstall reinstall app) clearly without even really reading what I had typed. I told customer service that I eliminated the splitter so that meant it was an issue with the actual cable line itself. They argued and said I was wring and the cable was good. I then told him it has been doing this for about 1.5yrs and even did it on our old cable boxes. They still said the cable itself was good. After getting frustrated I started using words like kaka and boo to their responses to which they rebooted my modem (without my consent) thus ending the chat. I'm appalled that they never offered to send a technician out. If this is their customer service shame on Spectrum.

0 Kudos
W_max

Jump to solution

Have been experiencing similar with Spectrum app on all my devices except the devices that I use the Spectrum app without roku devices (ipad/phone). I have 4 roku devices and a TCL roku TV. My main TV is new and connected to my router and roku wired.

Issues started a few months ago where starting the app and getting to the main screen for Spectrum became quite slow. This issue continues. Also started random video freezes and buffering. I have 500Gb service which is consistent and strong throughout the home.

Only a guess but Spectrum is promoting the Xumo player for their services and these issues started occurring around the time they started promoting the Xumo player. Coincidence? Maybe. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Warmest greetings here in the Roku Community, @W_max!

We appreciate you reaching out for support and we'd be more than happy to be of assistance.

Before proceeding, may we know if this is an isolated playback issue with the Spectrum TV app on your Roku streaming player? If so, it is highly recommended that you reach out to Spectrum's Customer Support directly for further clarification and assistance as they are the ones who provided, maintained, and updated their app on the Roku streaming platform. 

In the meantime, you can try to highlight the app and press the star* button on your remote to update it.

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Maryst

Jump to solution

I have 2 TLC Roku TV's and 1 with a ROKU device and when I attempt to stream Spectrum I get the same error message RPL 999 on ALL 3 tv's!  I've disconnected the roku device and performed a system restart and deleted the Spectrum app and reloaded and still the same error message! 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Maryst,

Thanks for sharing this with us here at the Roku Community.

If the provided troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, it could mean that the issue lies within the channel itself. Have you already tried the suggestions from @RokuCarly? If not, we recommend you do so.

Let us know if you have further inquiries.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Joylund1

Jump to solution

Have done everything you advise and app still buffers.  It's not my internet as I have spectrum internet.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.