Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andruidiamond
Reel Rookie

Screen share on PC no longer works for me.

It used to work fine for me earlier this year, I don't remember the exact date I last used it, but every time I try to connect to a display over wifi it no longer works like I want to it. I've put the wifi on my pc to private mode, and I've attempted to register the Roku tv to my devices as well. I'm pretty sure Norton isn't inhibiting the connection, and all my drives and my Roku tv are already updated, so I'm at a loss on why it's suddenly happening. Is it because of a recent Windows 11 update?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen share on PC no longer works for me.

Hi @Andruidiamond,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand, and we appreciate the reports about this issue when casting your PC on your Roku TV.

Have you tried any devices and does screen mirroring work on it? Also, when doing a screen cast do you see the Roku TV on the list of options?

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Andruidiamond
Reel Rookie

Re: Screen share on PC no longer works for me.

Sorry I meant to write back sooner, but on the same day you answered back I tested screen share out and it started working again, strangely enough. I'm honestly not sure what got it to work again, but I appreciate you answering back and helping me out.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.