Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scarletav

Screen blacks out every few minutes when scrolling through Prime Video

When I’m scrolling through the Prime Video app on my LG TV the screen will often go black at the moment I choose a new video. I then have to wait for it to go back to the normal screen before continuing to scroll. I have Reloaded the Prime app and changed the batteries on my remote. So far this has not happened with any other streaming channel except for Amazon prime. I am using a Roku 4 4400x. 

3 REPLIES 3
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Screen blacks out every few minutes when scrolling through Prime Video

Roku does not make the Prime Video app. Amazon does. So any issue you have should be taken up with them. I have 10 Roku devices and I have absolutely no issues with the Prime Video channel. But one big factor is you are using a Roku 4400. That device was released in 2015 and discontinued in 2016. So it’s roughly 7 years old. it’s no longer manufactured. It still gets updates but you would benefit from upgrading to a newer Roku’s model. But the fact that it’s only happening with the Prime Video channel means the issue is on Amazons end. Prime is also showing outages. See link 

https://downdetector.com/status/amazon-prime-instant-video/

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Scarletav

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more, specifically in that order.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lbjoe
Reel Rookie

No this does not work. This occurred on the last update. Not all apps do this. And only occurs on some devices.  For example,  my roku Express has this issue with paramount, peacock and YouTube just started this mess. My roku tv apps that run internationally thru the tv, dont have this issue. So believe by process of elimination, that it's a roku update issue.