Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maxters
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube videos constantly buffering

Jump to solution

Yup same problem on RokuTV, watching the stats it seems to stop pulling the video then the buffer runs out..  

I've had it both continue with sound but pause the video with circle buffering and,

most commonly it just stops, sound and video.  Started a 6/14/24 for me.. 

I've changed every setting.  Playback quality and more..

Moonfox01
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine is the same 😞 my videos will play and the YouTube app will load like normal for maybe a few minutes and then begins buffering endlessly. I have checked for updates. Uninstalled and reinstalled, the YouTube app and turned off, unplugged, and redid my tv, and nothing fixes it. It’s been going on a full 24 hours now. I am getting tired of it. Nothing I am doing is working and the app is still up to date. Connection is fine, and everything else on my Roku even Hulu and Disney are working just fine. Need help. 😞

KidHorn

Jump to solution

Same here. Tried wired and wireless. Deleting and reinstalling app. Removing cache. Nothing works. Started a couple of days ago. App I use the most is unusable.

Dogfacemarc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue, but only one youtube account, it works fine on guest account or other accounts.  I have deleted, restarted, totally reset the Roku, nothing worked.  I have deleted all history and info from the YouTube and Google account.  I also have a second Roku, and that account has issue on it as well.  Does your Roku work on the guest account?

Pain-My-Father
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue on my Roku Ultra LT...Any solutions posted yet? 

Dogfacemarc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Do you have the issue when you are on YouTube and logged into the guest account?  Mine is OK that way for some reason.  It seems to have an issue connecting to the google account.

Pain-My-Father
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Seems to be working fine on guest account...

Moonfox01
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey guys. I just got in contact with Roku support and because the issue persisted through everything the support member tried, they sent me to their engineering support team. I gave them a bunch of information for my personal tv including serial number, model, and version and their team connected to my device directly and fixed the issue! YouTube works fine now and they even gave me follow up information!😁 I suggest contacting Roku support and reporting the issue. They may be able to fix your YouTube apps as well and will report the issue as a wide span problem for further investigation.

LadyshipErin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No it doesn't 

LadyshipErin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

YouTube is just not working well on the Roku on any account. I had to use my phone and broadcast on to my TV to watch YouTube 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.