Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlz9

Roku turns on automatically muted

I have a Roku Express 4K+ 3941R/3841W plugged into my Artlii Energon 2 projector. When ever I turn it on (which also turns on my Roku powered by the UBS input), my Roku turns on with the Roku sound muted as if I hit the mute button on my Roku remote. I’m not having sound issues overall, it just shows the icon in the top corner as if I clicked the mute button and acts accordingly until I turn the volume up or hit the mute button to cancel the action and get audio as desired. It’s annoying how it keeps automatically turning on mute every time I turn it on so how can I fix this feature?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Roku turns on automatically muted

If you don’t want to be powering the Roku up and down you can plug it into the included AC adapter.  (In fact, if you have strange behavior, you should do that since many TVs don’t supply enough power to their USB ports.)

I assume if you press the mute or volume on the projector remote, it will also fix the sound as I’m assuming it is the projector that is waking up in mute mode.  (ie: the audio controls on the Roku remote just send the same signals to the projector that the projector’s own remote sends.)

0 Kudos