Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dimccarthy

Roku plug damaged when switching televisions. Now replacement plug won’t work

The small connected that goes into the side of my roku that plugs into the roku 5 amp usb plug broke. 
I ordered another and now it doesn’t work. 
the replacement plug has correct figment but cord seems to not have the bulge as the original plug had. 
where can I get an original plug? Or is there another solution

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku plug damaged when switching televisions. Now replacement plug won’t work

@Dimccarthy 

It sounds as if you have a Roku Stick that came with the USB cable that included the Long Range WiFi Receiver. This one.

If you replaced it with a standard USB cable, you don't have what it takes to connect to WiFi. You need that one like the one that came with it. And they're out of stock. And we don't know when Roku will get another one. And they aren't available from a third party. And none of this is good news.

If your Roku is under warranty, I would suggest that you attempt to replace it via a warranty repair/return: Roku: Returns

The information should be on the device itself, or at the bottom of your Roku Account page.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Roku plug damaged when switching televisions. Now replacement plug won’t work

@DBDukes  Damage isn’t covered under warranty unfortunately. The plug was damaged while switching the stick from 1 TV to another. Best advice is to purchase an new Stick 4K

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Streamer317 

I stand by my advice. All Roku can say is "no."

Unless Roku determines the cable was below standards, that moving it was normal use, and that a sub-standard cable broke because of a defect. In which case they'll say "yes."

But @Dimccarthy now has your advice to consider as well.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

renojim

@Dimccarthy, we need to know the model number printed on the device somewhere.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos