Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dstrife

Roku keeps going back to Home screen after a few minutes

I have tried all the above as well and doesn't work.  Come on Roku what is the solution???!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku keeps going back to Home screen after a few minutes

Hi, @dstrife 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you've experienced an issue with your Roku device which keeps going back to the Home screen, and we're here to help. Let's perform an effective troubleshooting step to resolve the issue. Kindly follow the instructions below:

Restart your Roku streaming device

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

After this step has been performed, your Roku device will reboot. Once it boots again, you should notice improvements.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emeraldeyez4u
Reel Rookie

I too have been experiencing the same thing. I have rebooted my TCL Roku TV I have also removed and restarted and then reinstalled the apps I've done the same thing with the batteries all of that is not working. So something has got to give in regards to this Roku TV because I should not have an issue sitting here watching my shows and it just cuts off and goes back to the home screen every single day several times a day. Come on Roku let's get it together

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community, @Emeraldeyez4u!

We see that you're also experiencing the same behavior with your Roku that keeps kicking you back on your home screen. We'd like to take a closer look at the situation to see how we can help to resolve this issue. 

Kindly let us know about...

• When did you first notice this issue?
  • Have you received any software updates recently? If so, can you please provide the latest version of your software? (It can be found in Settings > System > About.)
  • Is this happening on all channels or only on a specific channel? 
  • Have you tried rebooting your router? If not, we suggest doing so to see if that improves your current situation. 

We will be able to provide a resolution if detailed information is given to us. We are looking forward to your earliest response. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Frankjh

I have one channel that drops and goes to home screen within a minute.  Netflix, and we just started using Netflix.  So basically Netflix doesn't work. We don't understand why one channel doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.