Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku keeps booting me off apps

I recently bought my roku last week, and have it plugged into an outlet. Every time I open an app it'll boot me out and return me to the home screen shortly after I opened any app. I've tried restarting it and nothing helps.

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku keeps booting me off apps

@NurseGloria 

Name three apps where this happens. Does it happen on Roku Channel, for instance? How about Netflix? Pluto TV? Prime Video?

There have been reports of some apps having issues that include crashing. Naming yours would help determine if it's simply bad luck (you picking apps with issues) or an issue with your Roku or your network.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
ksgemini
Streaming Star

Disney has been doing this here according to Disney it’s a new Roku Disney app compatibility  issue

jb50mag
Channel Surfer

this all started for me when i got the latest update. boot u back to home on ANY APP !!

ksgemini
Streaming Star

I used Disney for an hour without problems last night. Maybe it’s fixed or I was just lucky. Neither roku nor Disney updated as far as I can see….

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jb50mag,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jb50mag
Channel Surfer

im experiencing the issue everyone else is. the roku turns off after a few minutes. ive tried every fix avaiable on this blog. worked fine for years. broke since your last update. if this is not fixed im buying a firestick. i cant believe roku can legally sell merchandise that does not work. 

0 Kudos
jb50mag
Channel Surfer

im experiencing the issue everyone else is. the roku turns off after a few minutes. ive tried every fix avaiable on this blog. worked fine for years. broke since your last update. if this is not fixed im buying a firestick. i cant believe roku can legally sell merchandise that does not work. people here on the blog should get a class action suit for fraud !!!!

0 Kudos
jb50mag
Channel Surfer

roku 2 xd. goes back to home page after a few minutes of watching any app tried every fix on the blog

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@jb50mag, the Roku 2 XD (model 3050) stopped receiving updates a few years ago, so it wasn't some recent update.  It's no longer supported and I hate to say it, but it's time to replace it.

Check https://my.roku.com/upgrade/ or https://my.roku.com/offers for a deal on a new device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos