Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kylvn

Re: Roku express blinking on and off constantly.

My roku is blinking wildly fast and i tried resetting it multiple times and it is just turning on and off by itself. I’ve been looking all night for a solution and nobody seems to have the same issue. 

0 Kudos
kylvn

i have the batteries out of the remote and the tv is powering on and off 

0 Kudos
sirgroiney
Channel Surfer

i’m sorry for your hassle. Please don’t be annoyed if you’ve already done these steps: I am assuming you unplugged modem, router, Roku stick? then unplugged all power plugs? wait a few minutes plug power and units in individually waiting until each one loads and their lights look normal? i do it in this order: modem, router, roku. plug in TV. if you don’t have an extender for your roku get one. (they mail it for free quickly, go to website). meanwhile plug it in as usual. still no joy? email or call Roku. they’ll walk you through. i have to go through the “routine” every once in awhile for a reset. also be aware these Roku sticks don’t last. i’m up for another one. (mines 3-4 years old?) get a new extender if you get a new stick. my connection is super loose now in the HDMI port so any vacuuming around the wires or jostling can be a problem. i now start there. also please post again if you solved your problem. thanks!

0 Kudos
nitinkibe
Reel Rookie

I unplugged Roku stick from the power and the HDMI socket, then replugged.  Works OK now. Thanks!

0 Kudos
sirgroiney
Channel Surfer

It's great news! I actually helped someone. thanks.

0 Kudos
Smitja12

I’m having the same issue but I am on a college campus so what do I do then?

0 Kudos
nova22

Just had this problem today 8/1/21  this is what I did - Pressed the on/off button on the Roku remote quickly until the logo for my TVs brand showed and it stopped.  don't know why it just did.  Hope this help others if it happens again I will let you know but for now I am watching my show.  Good Luck - Just Me

0 Kudos
Lvanaulen
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue, I cannot use either of my two new Roku express I purchased. They never stop blinking. I have tried everything different outlets, different HDMI cables nothing works and I’m fed up and frustrated. Roku has no number to call for help. I’m disgusted I will end having to switch to Apple TV or a Firestick. My old Roku was outdated and Amazon and Hulu were unable to support them. So I bought two new express and they don’t even work! I want to return them and buy something else.

These new devices are junk that don’t work.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Lvanaulen,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I apologize for your experience here. I can understand how that may be frustrating.

How are you powering the device of your new Roku Express? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables? 

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and we are working on ways to better improve this process.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lvanaulen
Reel Rookie

Mary, 

Neither Brand new Rokus are working! I’m just really fed up and I have tried everything I am using the cords and HDMI cable that came with the Roku. I have tried every way to power them, I bought new HDMI cables nothing works. I even took them to my friends house and it’s the same issue it just blinks and the Roku word just goes off and on the TV I am never able to do anything. I cannot use them and it is really upsetting. I would like to be able to call and talk to someone but apparently that’s not possible. I sent the serial numbers to you via email replay but never heard back. These Roku express units do not work and they are worthless. 

Thank you 

Laurie Van Aulen 

0 Kudos