Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newnelsc

Roku device keeps updating software over and over.

I am having the same issue with software updates repeating without end.  I've had my Roku Express for at least 5 years and mine came with both the USB adapter and the HDMI cable.  Everything worked fine 2 days ago, so I know the Sony Smart TV has enough power to run the Roku.  It was completely unresponsive yesterday, but after unplugging everything, restarting the router, changing remote batteries and even installing a brand new Roku Express it is still unusable.  At least now the Roku logo comes on, but now it is just re-installing software updates.  Advice is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New device keeps updating software over and over.

Hi @newnelsc

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention so we can provide you with assistance. We recommend performing a factory reset on the Roku streaming device to see if the issue persists. Please be aware that factory resetting the Roku device will require you to re-activate the device and may ask for you to re-authenticate some channels.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset on a Roku device, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your streaming device
In addition, please be aware that when you remove a channel from a Roku device, it will be removed from all Roku devices linked to the same Roku account.
Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos