Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku device keeps opening vudu app wont do anything else.

I have the same problem. Roku was plugged into HDMI3. I unplugged it and the VUDU continued to flash. Finally plugged Roku into HDMI2 and managed to change the input in between VUDU flashes (took quite a few tries). Then Roku came up as expected. So I'm thinking VUDU broke something in the TV software. Otherwise, why would VUDU continue to flash after Roku was physically disconnected? The TV is a sony model XBR-49X800E.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: tcl roku tv keeps opening vudu app wont do anything else.

Hi, @Norman22136,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community!

We understand that you're having an issue with the Vudu app. However, we need more details regarding the issue you're having so we can further assist you.

Could you tell us how long you've been experiencing this issue? In addressing this case, what are the troubleshooting options you've taken so far?

With more detailed information, we'll be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: tcl roku tv keeps opening vudu app wont do anything else.

For sure, if VUDU is displaying on your TV when Roku isn’t connected, then it’s not the Roku that’s doing that.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.