Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OmegaT
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku channel freezes on commercial's last frame Roku Express

Model 3930RW - Roku Express

Serial number X00400E3G815

Software version 12.5.0 • build 4178-AE

Device ID S0092073G815

It's happening on all the on-demand movies and TV shows within The Roku Channel (Version 9.3 • build 10). 

UPDATE- was able to get a Issue Report Tracker

ID 15-447-487

0 Kudos
Dave0365
Reel Rookie

Moved Tv and Roku box next to router, now when it stops and shows a local Bojangles address in the bottom left conner.

this is a first, but it still locks up and i have to push the back button and restart the show. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @OmegaT

Thanks for posting.

Please be advised that your information and concerns are forwarded to the appropriate Roku team, who'll take a closer look at the issue for investigation. 

Once more information is acquired, an update will be provided.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Dave0365

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention, and we'd like to gather more details about this. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

The details you provide will be forwarded to our team for further investigation.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gvh8717
Reel Rookie

To all,

This problem has been reported many time and has been going on for months.  Each time someone post this problem, the support person tells you the same thing but nothing is being done to correct the problem.  People have changed to different wifi and given support the settings but again nothing is being done to correct this problem.  Therefore if you are waiting for this to be corrected, my advise is to not hold your breath waiting for this to be resolved.  If you can not stand what is happening, I would advise you to get another streaming device and get directions on how to return the device to Roku and get your money back...then maybe they will figure out what the problem is and correct it if it costs them moneywhen people stop buying their product.

DonnaWho
Reel Rookie

AGREED!!

0 Kudos
OmegaT
Channel Surfer

So I took a few weeks off from watching anything within the actual Roku Channel app itself. Decided to give it a try tonight and the very first ad break of a show it froze again at the end of it. So I again took a Issue Tracker report while on the frozen screen itself using voice command.

ID 15-478-030

UPDATE 12/8/2023  Again froze at end of ad break, and again here's another Issue Report Tracker ID 15-492-549. 

0 Kudos

Roku user for about 20 years, multiple boxes and sticks over the years
I have been experiencing a similar issue for at least 7 or 8 months. Maybe longer. I started a chat session with Roku Support last night which was a complete waste of time. The dude was hopeless. At this time I am not using a Roku device of any kind, I am running Roku as an App on my Smart TV:
Samsumg Frame TV LSO3B 43" QLED 4K HDR Smart TV 2022 Model. The firmware is version1602.2-November 2023. 
App Version 1.147
Device Id: redacted
Build Date 11/13/23, 18:36.02
Client Version c5723b2

While watching Roku programs the streaming hangs after a commercial. Usually it's after the second advertising clip. It will hang until I exit out and resume viewing again. This has happened about 30 times now, maybe more. It used to just resume the broadcast after returning but now it goes back into ads again.

This past night it did this and then froze again after the second ad. After rebooting my TV, and watching a set of ads (for the THIRD time!) I was finally able to get back to the show. I don't know if this reboot has resolved the issue, it was the first time that I unplugged the TV after powering off. But I'm doubtful, it's not like there haven't been any power outages in Florida during these past months!

I've also been running into this same issue. I have a Roku 3930RW and I'm using a Samsung tv. I will watch tv for a while, then when some advertisements start to play, they will pause on the very last frame and will remain stuck there until I reboot the Roku device. I'll continue to monitor this page until this issue is resolved.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @shocktrooperb.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. 

We are aware of this occurring issue and our team is currently in the process of investigating the root cause of this. Would you mind providing us with the following information below so we can report it to the team and further review your device as well? 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We'll be anticipating your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos