Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KBnuck

Roku Utlra Direct TV Stream issue.

I have an odd issue I hope someone can help me with. When using the DTV Stream app on my Roku Ultra, everytime I change  channels, the channel is a little fuzzy for about 9 seconds, then it clears up and is fine as long as I don't change channels again. 

Great example, if I turn to the NHL channel and there is a scroll at the bottome, it looks a little jagged, after about 8 seconds it clears up.

I"ve used Apple TV, Amazon Fire Cube etc and it only does this when using Roku devices be it my Utlra or my Roku tv so I"m pretty sure it's not the app.

I've deleted and reinstalled  the app several times, my inernet download speed is allway above 500mb, and as stated it ONLY does this  on Roku devices. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Utlra Direct TV Stream issue.

It's probably Adaptive bitrate streaming.  It's starting out at a low bitrate/quality stream and then switching to a higher bitrate stream.  It gets you a picture quicker, but at a lower quality.  With your speed, there's no reason why it's needed, but I don't think there's anything you can do about it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
KBnuck

Re: Roku Utlra Direct TV Stream issue.

It doesn't do this on youtube tv etc, so it's Directv specific. Wouldn't the issue you mentioned affect all the apps?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.