Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LitMike

Roku Ultra not detecting 4K HDR 60hz

Same issue with 4670X Roku Ultra. Any solution to this issue?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra not detecting 4K HDR 60hz

Hello! @LitMike,

Friendly greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

To preserve compatibility with early Ultra HD Blu-ray™ players, many 4K TVs are factory-configured to use HDMI® 1.4 mode, limiting 4K Ultra HD (4K) with High Dynamic Range (HDR) playback to 30 frames per second (fps). Not only is playback less smooth with a lower frame rate like 30fps, but some channels like Netflix will not play 4K HDR content unless 60fps is supported. 
To ensure support for the higher frame rates, the HDMI connection with your TV and any other devices like an audio/video receiver (AVR) or soundbar must be configured to use HDMI 2.0 mode or later. This newer standard enables 4K playback at 60fps with HDR color such as HDR10 and Dolby Vision™ as well.

For more detailed information about HDR content at 60fps, visit our Support page here: What settings to adjust to play 4K Ultra HD and HDR content at 60fps

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LitMike

Thank you. I’ve seen that article. Everything is set to HDMI 2.0 or later…the Roku isn’t auto-selecting 60 fps. I can select it manually, and it works correctly.

If I don’t use the Roku, and use Google TV…there is no issue with the TV and receiver getting the right resolution.

This is a new TV and receiver.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LitMike,

From the Roku Community, greetings!
We would be delighted to help you further with this problem you are experiencing. For information on how to modify the display type on your Roku streaming player, please see this support article.

Please inform us if the issue still exists.

Warm regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos