Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbinvt

Roku Ultra goes blank and reboots

So I have a Roku 4, along with 3 other models, and I upgraded to the Ultra as the 4 is no longer being updated and it does nothing but crash.  Twice an hour the screen goes blank and it reboots.  There's absolutely no customer service as I have another screen open right now trying to get customer service and it's just loading forever.  I've made sure it's updated to the latest version but I'm ready to go back to the Roku 4.  If you are going to discontinue products at least replace them with something capable of doing what the former one could do.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra Sucks.............

Hi @jbinvt,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue with Roku Ultra that goes blank and reboots. We apologized for the inconvenience and we would like to know how to identify and resolve the issue.

1. How are you powering your Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?
  2. Have you already tried performing a factory reset on the device to see if you can? For more information about how to factory reset your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support 
  3. As a last resort, if you are still experiencing an issue, we would recommend disconnecting your wireless network, then rebooting your Roku device to see if your Roku device is experiencing the same issue. Once the device is getting past the screen, try reconnecting your wireless network.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos