Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JK_1
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra Won't Turn On…..

I have a Roku Ultra 4670X purchased in September 2020, so less than 3 years old.  It has stopped responding to the remote and won't turn on.  I've replaced the remote batteries, done a system reset and factory reset.  When I push the ON/OFF button, the white light in the front will rapidly flash and then go dark. Nothing on the TV screen. I've tried to contact Roku support but all I get is a spinning wheel when I attempt to get help with this specific registered device.

I'm pretty disappointed it failed at less than three years.  Any ideas on how to revive this thing?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra Won't Turn On

Hi @JK_1,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Roku remote. Help is here. Please check out this support article on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra Won't Turn On…..

@JK_1, Roku devices don't turn off.  The power button on the remote is strictly for the TV.  Your Ultra may go into a "power saving" mode and can be awakened by pressing any non-TV control button (like Home).  With the TV's input set to the Ultra's input, what happens when you disconnect and reconnect the power to the Ultra?  Do you get anything displayed on the TV?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JK_1
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra Won't Turn On

@RokuJohnB  Thanks for the reply.  But, no, I never said the remote was having problems.  I will however have a look at the link you posted.  I said the Roku streaming unit itself was having problems.  When I say it won't turn on, I mean I cannot see the Roku home screen displayed on my TV, and the white light on the front will not stay white (which it does when it's working properly.  It flashes white rapidly and then goes dark.

0 Kudos
JK_1
Reel Rookie

Thanks @renojim.  You are describing a system reset, which I have done multiple times.  Prior to this most recent problem, a system reset would usually work.  It did not this time, nothing displayed on the TV.  I've also done the factory reset, which did not work either.

0 Kudos
JK_1
Reel Rookie

Made some progress.  I was about ready to toss it in the trash, but decided to try a simple test - connect the Roku Ultra directly to one of my PC monitors.  It took a while, but it eventually booted up and asked to go thru the setup process!  Glad I gave it one last shot.

Now to integrate it back into my home theater system.  The system is pretty simple, but I suspect that something else in it may have gotten reset or changed also (I do think the Roku had some issues as well).  The cat does occasionally walk on the remotes, so who knows.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.