Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SCSIraidGURU
Channel Surfer

Columbus Zoo app only opens content to 13%

We visited the Columbus Zoo a few weeks ago.   We saw about 1/2 of it before the storms hit.   I found the Columbus Zoo app on my roku.   I loaded it.   The content never gets above 13% and then goes back to the main menu.   I reloaded the app.   Checked it on two different Roku devices.   I checked for updates on the devices and for the app.   Our children would love to see what they missed.   

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Columbus Zoo app only opens content to 13%

@SCSIraidGURU-

The Roku channel app for Columbus Zoo was created using Roku's Direct Publisher software.

Roku is discontinuing the Direct Publisher system in January 2024. Since July 12, No new channels are being accepted via Direct Publisher and developers are being given six months to convert their apps to the new system which replaces Direct Publisher before all Direct Publisher apps will be taken down in January.

Roku Direct Publisher sunset announcement: https://blog.roku.com/developer/rdp-sunset

Meanwhile, something has changed in Roku's Direct Publisher system, as many Direct Publisher apps are reporting similar problems in loading content.

Bottom Line:
There's nothing you can do at your end to fix or get around this. Roku has to fix whatever problem they've introduced to the Direct Publisher system.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.