Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tigger23505
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra No Video Displayed

I have a Roku 4802x that has stopped displaying video on the TV.

1. I have been able to restore video output by pressing the reset button.
    1. This brings me back to the initial configuration screen
    2. After pairing the remote to the Roku and selecting a language
    3. The Roku downloads updates and returns to a black screen.
  2. I have tried connecting to different HDMI ports on the TV
    1. For example changing the HDMI 1 input from my cable box, which was working to the Roku, the display goes dark.
    2. Don't know if it is significant but I can hear key click sounds from the tv
  3. Device details:
    1. Model 4802X
    2. S/N SODA2226TTU3
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra No Video Displayed

Hi @Tigger23505,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing with your Roku device, along with all of the troubleshooting that you've done.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting those Roku devices to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue with the flashing purple light?

In addition, we also suggest restarting your Roku device, you can either unplug the power cable, wait a moment, and then reconnect it. Or you can use the following steps to restart it from the Settings menu:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: What to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku® streaming player on your TV | Official Roku...

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Tigger23505
Reel Rookie

I had the Ultra hooked up to a different display with an  HDMI input and everything is good on that display and I was able to complete the registration and setup. Unfortunately when I reconnect everything to the TV that we usually use I am back to audio-only with a dark screen. I'm wondering if there is a compatibility issue with our Insignia Fire TV?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tigger23505,

Thanks for following up regarding your issue with your Roku device.

Please be advised that all Roku Streaming devices will work with any television with an HDMI connection.

We recommend that If the behavior continues, review the suggestions for determining why the issue is happening when you are using your TV: Do I need a special TV? | Official Roku Support.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Tigger23505
Reel Rookie

Got it fixed - turned out that like so many others, the fix was at the TV end and not the Roku unit.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tigger23505,

Thanks for the update.

We appreciate you informing us about the issue is now resolved. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thank you for using our services. It is our pleasure and privilege to serve you. We appreciate the trust you have placed in us and look forward to serving you again.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos