Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Debs_neighbor
Reel Rookie

Roku TV won't play ANY shows on ANY apps. "Expired' it is not an internet problem

I set up a Roku TV today. I have fiber internet and the wifi is connected to the TV. Downloaded all the usual streaming services.  No matter what service I am on when I get to the point of playing the show I want it says "unavailable" or "expired". Like I said before the wifi signal is strong and all other functions that require internet are working normally. 

Anybody got ANY ideas??? 

4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV won't play ANY shows on ANY apps. "Expired' it is not an internet problem

Some examples of the channels you are trying to view might help.  Are these ones requiring subscriptions to which you are not subscribed?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Debs_neighbor
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV won't play ANY shows on ANY apps. "Expired' it is not an internet problem

Well... Netflix, Disney +, Paramount +, Roku Channel... Every streaming service I have tried oh and Amazon Prime. 

Debs_neighbor
Reel Rookie

And I am subscribed to all of them. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Debs_neighbor

Thanks for keeping in touch!

If your Roku TV is displaying an "Expired" message when trying to play shows on any apps, it may indicate that the time and date settings on your Roku device are incorrect or that the apps are experiencing an outage. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

• Check the time and date settings on your Roku TV: Make sure the time and date on your Roku TV are set correctly. Go to Settings > System > Time and select "Set time automatically" to enable automatic updates. You can also manually set the time and date if necessary.
  • Check for app updates: Make sure the apps you are trying to use are up-to-date. Go to the Roku Channel Store, select "My channels", and look for any updates available for the apps.
  • Restart your Roku TV: Try restarting your Roku TV by unplugging it from the power source for about 30 seconds, then plugging it back in and turning it on again. This may help to refresh the device and resolve any temporary issues.
  • Check for app outages: The apps you are trying to use may be experiencing an outage. You can check the status of the app on the app developer's website or social media pages.
  • Factory reset your Roku TV: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may need to factory reset your Roku TV. Go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset and follow the on-screen instructions. Keep in mind that this will erase all settings and data on the device.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos