Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anomaly
Reel Rookie

Roku Premiere 4630X no surround after update 12.5.0

Has anyone else had their surround stop working after the recent 12.5.0 update?

All was well until that. I've verified night mode is off, I’ve checked the audio settings on the main menu, on my AV receiver, and TV.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Premiere 4630X no surround after update 12.5.0

@AnomalyWhile I own an Ultra 4800R, after the recent 12.5.0 update I found it actually improved performance etc. Have you checked your HDMI cables or done testing with other sources than the Roku? I'd also recommend doing a power cycle. Not sure what else to tell you though

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
Anomaly
Reel Rookie

Although my surround was working perfectly fine before the update, I did switch the HDMI cable and checked all the connections in addition to doing the basic “night mode” check and checking the head unit settings.

So far, the only thing new is the update from 10/11/23.

0 Kudos
Anomaly
Reel Rookie

Apparently it's a case of planned obsolescence by Roku. The update that broke my old box's surround sound seemingly can't be undone. So I bought a new Roku, just like they want. Super frustrating. Just stop updating the older boxes if the new software will break them. The new Roku, using the same stereo, cables, and tv, has no issues with surround sound. Not cool.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.