Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MyRTV23
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku X01300YS96XD 55" tv keeps repeating live tv

Jump to solution

JanadeeK,

I was able to create the newest report tracker. Tonight my tv has been repeating endlessly and then the replays a scene (sometimes multiple times). As the tv seems to try to catch up, the voices are way off and don't match the characters speaking the lines. This situation is happening on local channels in the Chicago market (2.1, 5.1, 5.2, 7.1, 9.1, 9.2, 9.4, 32.1 are the channels most observed). This does not happen when I am streaming on Apple TV or Peacock. I have tried restarting the modem, turning the tv off and then back on, rescanning channels and looking for software updates. I have used multiple flash drives in the USB port (formatted before use). Every suggestion that I was given by customer service has been attempted. This issue has now been happening for over 7 months and I feel like there is no resolution in sight. This situation never happened on my previous TCL tv and does not happen on another tv that I use, which is also a TCL tv. It is only happening on the Roku branded tv.

Roku device model,  55" Roku Plus Series 4K TV

serial number, X01300YS96XD (S0NX737S96XD)

Sofftware version: 13.0.0 build 24063-ET

GC version: 11.7.22

Timestamp 20-06-17T02:41:09Z

Issue ID XD-242-081 for the most current issue.

0 Kudos
LeeStreamer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Many of us have had the same problem. Roku does not care about fixing it. They told me someone was working on a fix and one of the technicians said she was personally going to see my case through but that was obviously a lie because when I reached out for a status update she never returned my emails or calls. I recommend returning the TV if you can and purchasing another brand. 

0 Kudos
MyRTV23
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If I had known this was going to be such an exercise in extreme patients and customer ignorance, I would have returned my tv when I could. I actually had an LG tv that I returned to get the Roku tv because I liked the option to pause live tv. Never had these issues with my TCL tv and seriously regret not getting another one. The backlight on the TCL went bad and it just didn't seem like the repair cost was worth it. It took over 5 years to encounter that issue. The Roku started acting up just after my 30 day return window. It's been one of my biggest regret purchases.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.