Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AllenCohn
Binge Watcher

Roku Media Player Just Started Malfunctioning, November, 2023

I'm not sure if this has been posted before...I've seen a few recent posts about the Media Player...but not sure if it's the same problem.

A few days ago the Media Player started malfunctioning:

• Whenever I fast forward from the beginning of a file, it just plays from the start.
  • If I play from the start, it used to remember my location so that I could stop a file half way through and return to it later. Now it does not remember the location.
  • During playback it occasionally glitches

My system is:Media Player

• Roku Ultra 4660X
  • Software 12.5.5.0 build 4178-46

My Roku Media Player says

• Version 5.5
  • Build 13

My files are hosted on my computer through Windows Media Player on the shared internal network.

I do wonder if the problem is an automatic system update, perhaps done a few days ago.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Allen

PS: I hope this is posted in the correct category!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Media Player Just Started Malfunctioning, November, 2023

Thank you for posting your concern here in the Roku Community, @AllenCohn.

We appreciate you for providing us with the price explanation of your concern as well as the information needed. 

We suggest trying to perform a troubleshooting method first to try and resolve the issue you have been having by removing the app (Remove the Roku Media Player app by highlighting it and pressing the Star (*) button), rebooting your device (Restart your Roku device/TV from Settings > System > System Restart), and then reinstalling it again (Reinstall the Roku Media Player app again. Select Channel Store > Search for the app > Click Add channel).

If the issue still persists, worry less, as we will be asking for additional reinforcement from the appropriate Roku team to review your concern further, explain what is causing this, and fix this in the best way we can. 

We wanted to ask for one more thing before we can forward this effectively. Could you please provide us the Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID) of the issue you have been experiencing? 

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
inkchick

I am having similar issues. Files repeatedly stop during playback and then I am kicked out of the app and back to the Home screen.

0 Kudos
AllenCohn
Binge Watcher

To my pleasant surprise, the problems stopped just as suddenly and mysteriously as they started.

Allen

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.