Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colmck04
Reel Rookie

Roku Crashing after Few Seconds

Every few seconds I turn on my Roku my remote/tv freeze and I cannot use any button. The red button isn’t even lighting up once it freezes. My roku doesn’t have a power button, it’s one of the older ones.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Crashing after Few Seconds

Hi, @colmck04 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issue you have encountered with your Roku device, and we're here to help. Let's perform a troubleshooting step to resolve this matter. Kindly follow the instructions below:

Power Cycle

1. Unplug the Roku device from its power source for one minute.
  2. Re-plug the Roku device and wait for it to boot.

If the issue persists, kindly proceed to perform a factory reset. Kindly be advised that a factory reset clears the majority of data from your Roku device and restores it to a factory default configuration.

Using the physical button

1. Located on the back or bottom of your device, the physical Reset button is either tactile or a pinhole design that requires a straightened paperclip. It will appear similar to one of the following:

Once you locate the Reset button and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the button firmly for about 10 seconds. When the factory reset is complete, an indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices.

After a successful factory reset, your Roku device will restart in the same state as a factory-new device and will be ready for you to complete the Guided Setup and activation process.

We hope this works, and let us know if you need further assistance.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
colmck04
Reel Rookie

I don’t believe I have a reset button on my Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @colmck04 

May we know what specific Roku device you are having issues with? In addition, we'd recommend performing the power cycle method. The instructions are provided in my previous post.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
colmck04
Reel Rookie

I tried the power cycle and it still keeps freezing after just seconds of being turned on. It’s a Roku Express.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate your efforts in maintaining communication with us. @colmck04 

The Roku Express reset button is located on the back of the Roku device. For reference, please be guided by the information and instructions provided in my previous posts.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
colmck04
Reel Rookie

I did a reset and now I have a linking error after the Roku says “downloading”. Also, after trying to attempt to connect again I have the same issue I originally had where the Roku freezes and I can’t press anything. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.