Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fzee
Reel Rookie

Roku Channel app AUDIO keeps dropping out

Jump to solution

Tried all of that, no improvement. I gave up trying to watch the Roku channel since ALL other apps/channels work fine. Today, I decided to bypass the Yamaha amp and ran HDMI directly into the TV. Same audio problem. Note that the problem seems to reduce as the program progresses, but when a commercial starts, the audio dropouts return in full force. This looks like a program stream synchronization problem. Per another user's comments, I tried rewinding the program a bit and the dropouts stop until playback catches up to the point where the rewind was performed. (I have all audio set to stereo/non-levelling/non-Dolby per comments from others - it made no difference. My internet is fiber and it's hardwired, not WiFi.)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Channel app AUDIO keeps dropping out

Jump to solution

Hi @Fzee,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having trouble with the Roku channel. We're happy to assist you. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

If the issue still continues, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Fzee,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having trouble with the Roku channel. We're happy to assist you. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

If the issue still continues, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fzee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Decided to look at the problem again. Pressed the STAR button to try your suggestion about updating the channel. I noticed that the VOLUME MODE setting was on LEVELING. When that was set to OFF, the sound drop outs ceased. I wasn't aware of that setting but glad that it now works.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.