Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shawnb
Channel Surfer

Roku 4670x - HDCP error 020 - HDCP 2.3 supported???

Jump to solution

Hello -

Another HDCP error 020 issue...  Yes, I've done the cable disconnects & power recycles, I'm still seeing the error.

This error just showed up over the last couple of days.  Everything was working properly earlier.  In fact I watched the NFC championship earlier.

The Roku 4670x is connected to a Denon AVR-X2800H, with a monitor out to an LG OLED C3 TV. 

The LG supports HDCP 2.2.  The Denon supports HDCP 2.3.

I am wondering if there is an issue between the 4670x and HDCP 2.3???

Thanks for any assistance,

Shawn

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shawnb
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku 4670x - HDCP error 020 - HDCP 2.3 supported???

Jump to solution

FYI, I replaced the 4670 with the newer 4802r and the error went away.

So, yes, this is in fact a problem with the 4670x.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
shawnb
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

An update: I think I know what is going on, and I don't think the issue is with HDCP 2.3...

I had programmed YouTube TV to be the programmable button 1.  I have been powering the system on directly into YouTube TV by just pressing button 1.  That's when I get the HDCP error 020.

If I just power it on & go to the home screen, no error message. 

4K & HDR operate properly everywhere (Netflix, AppleTV, Fox Sports) with no issues - except YTTV.  I am not getting HDR in YTTV. 

So...  I think the problem lies in the YTTV app.  Booting the 4670 directly to YTTV via the programmable key results in the issue.

Browsing around elsewhere, it looks like YTTV HDR support is mixed; some folks, like me, have issues.

So for now the fix is just to boot into the home screen & navigate from there.

0 Kudos
shawnb
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Note that I get the same HDCP error 020 if I power the unit off while in YTTV, and power it back on.  It apparently tries to wake up exactly where it left off.

So there are two ways to get an erroneous HDCP error 020, by programmable button & by power off/on.  In both instances, it is trying to launch directly into YTTV.

The only way to boot clean is to power on by hitting the HOME button, to guarantee it wakes up over at HOME, outside of YTTV.

Note that this error is 100% erroneous.  All the gear & cables properly support HDCP. 

Something about the YTTV app is confusing it.

0 Kudos
24Faith
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My new LG 3 had that Roku error also. I reset something a few times and the error is gone for now.  I get fluctuating sound using Roku Ultra 2019 model.

iheart radio Roku app goes from soft to blasting.  LG does not have IHeart radio in its App Store.  Do you think a new Roku ultra would fix these issues? Maybe 2019 can’t keep up with the C3?

shawnb
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My thinking is that it's a bug.

The error is clearly not correct. 

I don't think it's my amp or tv since the issue appears to be isolated to powering up directly into YTTV.

I logged a bug, & provided more info here:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Erroneous-HDCP-Errors-Issue-ID-04-049-992/m-p/944080#...

0 Kudos
shawnb
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

FYI, I replaced the 4670 with the newer 4802r and the error went away.

So, yes, this is in fact a problem with the 4670x.

0 Kudos