Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ErickHelena
Binge Watcher

Roku 4661RW Ultra Streaming Player not detecting 4K

Hi , I purchased a Roku 4661RW Ultra Streaming Player, 2018, but it doesn't detect a 4k resolution. Before I was using a Roku Premiere • HD/4K/HDR and it detected resolutions 4k@30 and 60FPS, but this Roku 4661RW Ultra Streaming Player, 2018 only detects 720 and 1080 . I'm using the same HDMI cable, I just swapped devices, I reseted it twice , but it just does't go higher than 1080p . Any ideas? thnx 

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku 4661RW Ultra Streaming Player not detecting 4K

Hi @ErickHelena,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for flagging us about this issue, and we'd like to learn more about it to see how we can help.

I see that you're using the same HDMI cable; have you tried using the included HDMI cable to see if that makes any differences?

If the problem persists, please provide us with the brand and model of your TV and where it's connected. We'll be able to assist you from there.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ErickHelena
Binge Watcher

I am using a Asus : This is the link 

With its 28-inch 4K UHD display, ASUS VP28UQG gives you stunning 3840 x 2160 resolution visuals with a pixel density of 157PPI for incredible photo-realistic visuals and sharp, crisp text.

https://www.asus.com/us/displays-desktops/monitors/gaming/vp28uqg/

I used 2 cables, the one I used with the other Roku, and another for 8k resolution , and I already tried the device in another tv with max resolution of 4k, and still I only get 1080p. I purchased it refurbished and no cable was included. 

But I get 4k @60 FPS with the other Roku, it is a Roku Premiere 4K Digital Media Streamer - Black.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ErickHelena,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you even more with this issue that you're having with the Roku Ultra since it will not detect 4K resolution. With some Roku streaming players, you can stream 4K Dolby Vision with compatible TV and streaming channels. However, you may not be able to view Dolby Vision content at 4K resolution if your Dolby Vision-capable TV was manufactured before 2018. These models, and a few manufactured in later years, only support 4K Dolby Vision at lower frame rates, like 30 frames per second (fps). Unfortunately, some streaming channels, such as Netflix, will not play 4K Dolby Vision when the TV does not support higher frame rates like 60 fps.

This article helps you determine why 4K Dolby Vision may not play on your TV and offers options to resolve the issue or choose an alternate configuration. Visit the Roku product comparison chart to determine if your player supports Dolby Vision.

You may also check out this support article here on why 4K Dolby Vision is not working on my Roku streaming player.

We hope this helps, and please keep us posted if you need anything else.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                        John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ErickHelena
Binge Watcher

Why do you keep saying tv, I'm using a Asus monitor , and no I don't think it is Dolby enabled, but this Roku doesn't mention anything about Dolby either 

By the way , my device is not listed in this link Roku product comparison chart

I'm attaching a pic of my device. You can see in the pic it doesn't mention anything about Dolby, it says it can play HD , HDR and 4k Screenshot 2024-02-17 211626.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ErickHelena,

Thank you for the update!

We appreciate the information that you have provided to us. During setup, your Roku streaming player will analyze the HDMI connection to determine the resolutions and frame rates supported by your Asus monitor. If your streaming player can determine the best configuration for your Asus monitor, the guided setup process will automatically select the best settings, so you do not have to manually configure the settings. The automatic setting is appropriate for most situations. If your Roku streaming player is unable to correctly detect the capabilities of your Asus monitor, you may wish to configure the display type on your own. Follow the steps below to manually change your display type setting.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select display type.
  4. Select one of the available display types and press OK on your remote.
  5. Your screen may go black for a few seconds while the display setting is changed.
  6. When an image is shown, select Yes, I can see it, and press OK on your remote.
  7. Your screen will return to the Display type menu.
  8. A check will appear next to the new display setting.
  • Note: If you receive a message indicating your TV does not support a display type, you can still select the display type and try it anyway.

Let us know how it works.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ErickHelena
Binge Watcher

yeah , that's the purpose of this post , I tried several solutions I found online and none of them worked > I'm attaching the pictures for you guys to see it. The highest I get is 1080 Screenshot 2024-02-18 174009.jpgScreenshot 2024-02-18 174034.jpg

0 Kudos
ErickHelena
Binge Watcher

While with the other Roku I get 4k @60 fps as u can see in the pic, sorry it is in spanish 

With this other Roku I get from 720 up to 4k, 30or 60FPS

2024-02-18 18.06.17.jpg2024-02-18 18.06.40.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ErickHelena,

Thanks for the follow-up!

Please be advised that it seems like the Asus monitor does not support a 4K resolution. We suggest that you might need to contact the manufacturer to confirm these details.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                              John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ErickHelena
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku 4661RW Ultra Streaming Player not detecting 4k

I posted my monitor's specs in my second message and also I'm re attaching the pictures of the other Roku device I have Screenshot 2024-02-18 180957.jpgScreenshot 2024-02-18 181011.jpgScreenshot 2024-02-18 183027.jpg

0 Kudos