Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diatalevi

Roku 3900X - no response without restart after changing TV Input or powering off TV

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 3900X powered by a multi-port USB power supply not associated with the TV. The TV is a 42" Element with 3 HDMI inputs & Roku is on #1. I believe updates are current. It wasn't really used since purchased and it has updated a couple of times recently, the last time being today (12-14-2023), Unless I power down and restart the unit, it will not recover once I change inputs on the TV or have turned the TV off. I checked and even disabled screensaver.  The unit has a solid (blue?) light that flashes when buttons are pressed on the Roku remote but TV reports no signal. Connected to unlimited hotspot (4G LTE) run by Visible on the Verizon network.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku 3900X - no response without restart after changing TV Input or powering off TV

Jump to solution

Hi @diatalevi,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. Is it possible for you to power it directly from the wall outlet? For more details, please check out this support article on what to do if your Roku Streaming player will not power on, and be sure to follow the troubleshooting steps provided.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku 3900X - no response without restart after changing TV Input or powering off TV

Jump to solution

Hi @diatalevi,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. Is it possible for you to power it directly from the wall outlet? For more details, please check out this support article on what to do if your Roku Streaming player will not power on, and be sure to follow the troubleshooting steps provided.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.