Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku 3800X 3800RW & Tablo 4th Gen Screen Resolution

Thank you for keeping us updated, @Jman4531.

It is highly appreciated that you have reached out for support. 
We will coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team for further review and determine the root cause of this issue that you are currently experiencing on your Roku player. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to find you the best resolution possible.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Jman4531, I don't think Tablo will ever be able to fix this.  I've tried to find a workaround on my own apps and haven't been able to find anything.  It's a Roku bug that's been around for a long time and I sincerely doubt it will ever be fixed (or even acknowledged).  Their solution seems to be to restart your device every time you want to switch from 1080p to 480p content like that's a fix.  🙄

@RokuCarly, pass my comment on up the line.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

This is acknowledged, @renojim.

Rest assured that we will escalate this to the appropriate Roku team. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jman4531
Binge Watcher

@RokuCarly   Thanks for getting involved! Here’s the info you requested:

Model# 3800X

Serial #: YF00N390978

Device Id: CT396F390978

OS Version: 12.5.5 build 4174-55

Tracker Id: 78-027-275

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you, @Jman4531.

Rest assured that this information as well as the details you've provided will be forwarded to the team for further review. 

Once we've been notified of updates from the team, we will make sure to update this thread. 

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as we work on this. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jman4531
Binge Watcher

@RokuCarly any update and/or progress on this issue? My last day to return the new Tablo and 2 new Roku’s (4K stick + Ultra) is Jan 31st.

I’m not sure I want to stick with the Tablo/Roku combination if my older Roku sticks are not going to properly show 480 & 720 programs.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for getting back to us, @Jman4531!

As we checked with our relevant Roku team, it is currently still in the process of investigation. Once we've been notified of updates, we will make sure to reply to this thread. 

In the meantime, we request a little bit more of your patience as we still work on this. Thank you so much! 

Sincerely, 
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jman4531
Binge Watcher

@RokuCarly  still seeing the problem months after reporting it. In that timespan latest Roku OS, Tablo App & Tablo firmware updates have all been repeatedly applied!

Just tell me that these Roku devices will never handle 480 & 720 resolution Tablo 4th Gen streams. Then offer me an outrageously good upgrade discount on the 3 Roku devices I have yet to upgrade. Make me an offer I can’t refuse,  retain a customer and let me happily stay on Roku platform!

Tablo users on FireStick, Chromcast, etc. are not reporting this issue !!!

FDB14DE5-6631-49B4-96D1-D9AB959827C3.jpeg

0 Kudos
Jman4531
Binge Watcher

I’m hopeful that Roku has maybe addressed this problem in their OS13 update but none of my devices have picked up that update yet.

if anyone has experienced  on this issue as relates to OS13 please post something here.

Thanks 

0 Kudos