Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexs_89
Reel Rookie

Roko logo floating on screen

I have the roku logo floating on screen (top black bottom purple) I have tried pushing  the reset button and does not work; all it does makes screen go all black and nothing else. 
I tried unplugging power, and HDMI adn still no luck , 

I have a Roku express 4K+ 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roko logo floating on screen

That sounds like the Roku screensaver. Or are you saying it's stuck on the Roku boot screen, which has the Roku letters bouncing to a slight musical sound?

If you're stuck on the boot screen, and power cycling isn't making any difference (as it sounds like you've tried), you may need to do a full factory reset. That is done by pressing and holding the reset button for a minimum of 30 seconds (and not one second less). Ignore anything you see on screen while you do that. Once the reset is complete, you'll have to set the device up as if it were brand new.

If it continues to be stuck in the boot screen after a reset, then your device is likely defective and needs to be replaced. Since you have the Express 4K+, you are likely still within the warranty period (one year), so Roku will replace it for you.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Alexs_89
Reel Rookie

Do you know how do I do that? Who do I contact and where? I probably need mine replaced 

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

@Alexs_89  Can you provide your Roku model number. So exactly what are you seeing. The word “Roku” just 4 letters bouncing?

https://youtu.be/qYUXrQBm9zs

0 Kudos
Alexs_89
Reel Rookie

Yes it is exactly as the video thats all I am seeing i tried restarting it and nothing works. Does anyone know where and who I can contact to get it replaced? Roku Express 4K+

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

@Alexs_89  when and where did you purchase it from? What is the model number? The model number is stamped on the outside of your Roku. If you purchased it within the last 12 months it’s under warranty. Here is a link to start a warranty claim 

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Alexs_89

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? In addition, have you tried performing a factory reset on the Roku device to see if that resolves the issue you are seeing?

For more information about how to properly perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your Roku

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos