Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DSHouston07
Channel Surfer

Re: Redbox Screen Error Code 502

Jump to solution

I have no use for boxes. The Roku is actually IN the TV. That’s why I bought them that way. I believe this issue is totally on Redbox. I won’t be buying any more streaming movies. I hate to seem rube-ish, but hard copies or nothing, period. 

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users,

Thank you for bringing up the playback issue you are experiencing.

We see that you are having an issue with your Redbox channel. For additional help and clarification, we suggest contacting their customer support team. Please be advised that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask here in the Roku Community.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jloos77

Re: Redbox is not working on anything

Jump to solution

yeah mine doesn't work either kind of **bleep**ty considering we paid for the stuff in our library

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Jloos77!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. To resolve this issue, we recommend contacting the channel providers directly for assistance. It's important to note that many channels and apps on Roku are managed and updated by the providers themselves.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Splash1701D
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Redbox CHANNEL is working just fine. Its the Redbox APP. Mine was also showing Error 502 and was showing nothing. I uninstalled the app and now its not even showing up in the Streaming Store. I have about a dozen movies in my Redbox Library. Are they just gone and I'm SoL? And yes, its jot Roku, its Redbox!

Cyl_tms

Jump to solution

That would be great if they would only answer their phone, which they are not doing.  

0 Kudos
Mechsgal

Jump to solution

I have checked both my Roku and my phone and it showing nothing. Redbox wants a higher OS, like for Roku, they want a 9.4 or above. Which means we all need to get a newer Roku.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Mechsgal, the current Roku "OS" is version 13+.  A new box won't do you any good as Redbox has gone under.  Have you checked out their website lately?  This has nothing to do with Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
glasspilot
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Mechsgal wrote:

I have checked both my Roku and my phone and it showing nothing. Redbox wants a higher OS, like for Roku, they want a 9.4 or above. Which means we all need to get a newer Roku.

Mechsgal, Did you read the previous posts? This has nothing to do with our devices. Redbox, the company, is in bankruptcy and their channels/apps are shut down. Go ahead and buy a new Roku if you want but you still won't get Redbox to work.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.