When encountering the HDCP error message, you need to look at the HDMI cable chain. (the actual HDMI cable, the HDMI input port on the TV, the HDMI output port on the Roku device, the TV firmware, and the Roku firmware and settings.
1. The HDMI cable may be faulty. --> Replace the HDMI cable.
2. HDMI Input --> Try another HDMI input on the TV.
3. HDMI Output --> Make sure the HDMI cable is firmly seated at Roku device and does not feel loose or wiggles indicating bad HDMI. If using Roku Streaming Stick, try attaching a HDMI extension cable to the device (male to female adapter on one end, male on other end) and then plug into TV HDMI port.
4. TV firmware --> check to see if any firmware updates are available for your TV if applicable. Alternatively, try using a lower resolution (720p v 1080p) and see if it help resolve some issues.
5. Roku firmware --> check to see if any Roku updates are available. (Settings/System/Software Update).
6. Roku settings --> If applicable and enabled, disable Roku "Auto Power Savings" feature that has caused some HDMI related issues with some users. (Settings/System/Power/Auto Power Saving/20-min inactivity/[uncheck to Disable] ).
The above is an example typical setup. If you have any additional peripherals like AVRs or additional switches in the setup, you will need to troubleshoot those as well. (preferably remove them from chain, and then reintroduce individually until failure is noted).
Certainly will not dismiss the Roku device as a potential culprit, but need to look at entire chain and not focus on one part. The problem with HDMI and HDCP is that just one failure point affects entire process and is more than just an annoying inconvenience. It was meant to combat piracy, but does little in that field and usually just creates a headache for anyone simply wanting to watch television because a glitch in the authentication process is occuring.
Post back with your Roku device model number (Settings/System/About) and your TV model number. Also, does the error seem to occur with one channel/app more often than others. (there are additional DRM protections that can exascerbate some issues as well).
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941