Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scotchboy
Reel Rookie

Plex App Roku - used to work, now no audio / sound.

My Roku Ultras have been working great with Plex until recently.  Now I get no audio on Plex playback.  I have tested Plex streaming to my phone, tablet, and other branded streaming devices and have no problems.  Just have no audio when using Plex on my Roku Ultras.  I have tried all suggestions I have found, but no success, only has been acting up for the last 2 weeks or so.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Plex App Roku - used to work, now no audio / sound.

Hi @scotchboy,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an audio issue with the Plex channel. We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

Just to verify, have you tried removing the channel that you are experiencing the issue with from the Roku home screen? Then, disconnect your device from power for a minute. Plug it back in, then try to add the channel back once more and see if this clears up the issue. 

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
scotchboy
Reel Rookie

Yes I tried removing app and reinstalling.  Its happening on multiple Roku devices.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings @scotchboy,

Thanks for the quick response.

Please make sure that when removing a channel, it's important that you make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again to ensure a clean channel install. If you are still unable to resolve the issue.

In addition, some channels and services can be restored by performing a system update. You can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now.

Thanks again for posting and we hope the suggestions above get everything sorted out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos