Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chuckbear
Binge Watcher

Playback Error on all channels with Roku App In Firestick

Looks like there is no solution to this and no help in sight. I too am having this problem with the Roku App on my firestick. I have tried everything listed online and in this community with no resolution. I have to assume this is a problem in the Roku App and they have no intentions of fixing it anytime soon. This is for the App and not a device. I don't use a VPN. It is a new install on the Firestick and it has NEVER worked, I have shut down everything and turned back on. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared cache and everything else mentioned. I have T-Mobile Home Internet and currently 150 MBPS speed. Every other app on the Firestick works just fine. Roku, If you have no intentions of fixing this or don't know how, Just say so. Chuck

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Playback Error on all channels with Roku App In Firestick

Hi @chuckbear,

Thanks for bringing this concern to our attention.

May we know what specific error message you've been receiving? Alternatively, we'd recommend trying a mobile hotspot just to check if there will be a difference. Lastly, have you tried contacting Amazon Support to inquire further? They might be able to provide initial troubleshooting steps, options, or suggestions to resolve this concern.

Let us know what you find out.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chuckbear
Binge Watcher

Re: Playback Error on all channels with Roku App In Firestick

I am receiving the same Playback Error hundreds of other are reporting so please don't act like you don't know what it is. And these same canned response you just used is the same response you have been using with everyone else that reports this problem. This is a Roku problem, plain and simple. Just say you either don't know how to fix it or that you choose not to. Chuck

0 Kudos