Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
choco
Channel Surfer

Play on Roku is missing in Android app

Jump to solution

The Android Roku app is version 9.9.1.2659820 . The Roku device it's connecting to is an Ultra 4660X. Its software version is 12.5.0. 

I looked at this page https://support.roku.com/en-ca/article/208755108 describing the Play On Roku feature of the app. I remember using it from time to time several years ago. I follow the instructions on that page now and there is no Media icon in the Android app. Is the page telling lies to Roku's customers? Did this feature move to a different part of the app but the page wasn't kept up to date? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Play on Roku is missing in Android app

Jump to solution

Hi @choco,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for reaching out.

Please be advised that this option is no longer available on the Roku Mobile App. But you can still use the Airplay and Screen mirroring as a workaround.

For more information on how to use it take a look at some guided steps below.

1. How to screen mirror your Android™ or Windows® phone to your Roku® streaming device
  2. How to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku streaming device

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@choco-

I have no Media icon on my Android Roku app, either.

Samsung A42 5G, Android 13
Roku app 9.9.1.2659820

That  2022-11-03 article is over a year old at this point.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
choco
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I mean, if Play on Roku was eliminated from the app for BS reasons, then fine. But I'd appreciate Roku explaining that on their actual official support website. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @choco,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for reaching out.

Please be advised that this option is no longer available on the Roku Mobile App. But you can still use the Airplay and Screen mirroring as a workaround.

For more information on how to use it take a look at some guided steps below.

1. How to screen mirror your Android™ or Windows® phone to your Roku® streaming device
  2. How to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku streaming device

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos