Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akeiii
Reel Rookie

Re: Pink Screen??

It is a heat issue for me. I unplugged it overnight and placed the Roku on a pair of ceramic coasters separated so the bottom was off the TV stand so air could flow under as well as over. I have had no problem since.

0 Kudos

Hi All,  I had the same issue but it occured when I was trying to set-up the Roku streaming stick for the first time.  I started when I put in the wrong wifi password and then decided to power off the unit with the set-up still in progress.  When I powered up the unit again I had the pink screen and the remote was lagging and periodically not registering commands.  I continued to setup the stick even in this state (really slow going) but once I got it onto the wifi network the stick updated itself and the problem went away.  Here is my thought, the unit got it self into a "cpu loop" where it was looking for wifi etc and causing it to occupy its tiny little mind to the point where it did not service the rest its functions correctly (like picture and remote - I would notice the white led flashing rapidly and inconsistently at times).   Once it saw the wifi correctly it became happy again.  I would suggest rejoining to your wife and seeing if that helps.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
geraym
Reel Rookie

They don't seem to care or know what to say. All they can tell you is to try another HDMI port or try another TV. This happened with a brand new Ultra 2020 that I just set up. 

Gerard

MikeS56
Reel Rookie

Getting a Pink Screen on brand new Ultras

This pink screen has now happened to me with two brand new Ultras. Thinking I had a bad unit, I sent it back to Amazon. However, the replacement is doing the same thing. And straight out of the box!

geraym
Reel Rookie

Re: Getting a Pink Screen on brand new Ultras

It seems to be the HDMI connection. sometimes just unplugging the HDMI cable to the Roku box and resetting does the trick. Or it maybe that the HDMI cable needs to be replaced. But I think it requires just a reset and all should be well. This is an unfortunately common occurrence.

MikeS56
Reel Rookie

This is the 2nd Ultra that has given me the same technical error within the past few days. And it's why I'm sending this one back to Amazon as well and ordering Apple TV. It's unfortunate because I've been a Roku customer for years. This is a quality control issue that should have been addressed a long time ago -- am sadly surprised that Roku seemingly hasn't addressed this.

boogernose
Roku Guru

Some HDMI cables do get funky.

Please try another port and cable.

And System resets are something I do occasionally.

It is a healthy thing to do.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MikeS56

Thanks for the post.

As others have suggested, we would recommend trying to use another HDMI cable as well as another HDMI input to see if you are still experiencing the same issue. If multiple devices are exhibiting the same issue, then the issue is most likely not the Roku device, but possibly the TV connection or port.

In addition to the above recommended steps, have you tried connecting the device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DiddyHo
Reel Rookie

I can tell you from experience that this is a roku device or Roku software issue. Happens on all TVs. Happens on all hdmi ports. Roku needs to dig deeper here but I can tell you with the lack of debugging this debilitating issue, I won’t buy another Roku. Quality seems to be decreasing. I will likely take the two ultras and the two streaming stick+ back. 

DiddyHo
Reel Rookie

Same here. Bough one ultra from Costco, pink screen happened. Ordered another one and took that one back, same issue. This is either a Roku device defect or Roku software defect.  I don’t have this same problem with any other devices on the same TV, even on the same hdmi input and same hdmi cable. This is a Roku problem.