Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peacock not working on Roku Express

Jump to solution

Peacock simply won't launch on my Roku Express. I've tried everything, factory reset, tried to update the software and the Peacock app itself. Peacock is working on all my other devices (PS4, mobile phone, FireTV stick). The weird thing was that it was working just fine two nights ago. I get no error code and it just refuses to boot and kicks me out to the home screen.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Peacock not working on Roku express

Jump to solution

Hi @TheVampireRevan

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the Peacock app on your Roku Express. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem:

• Remove and reinstall the Peacock app: Go to the Roku home screen, navigate to the Peacock app, press the asterisk (*) button on your Roku remote, and select "Remove channel." Afterward, restart your Roku device.  We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart. Lastly, reinstall the Peacock app from the Roku Channel Store.
  • Check for Roku system updates: On your Roku device, go to Settings > System > System update and select "Check now" to ensure that your device is running the latest software version. If there are any updates available, proceed with the installation.
  • Clear cache and data: From the Roku home screen, navigate to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset. Choose "Reset connection" and then restart your Roku device. This step can help clear any temporary cache or data that might be causing issues.
  • Check your internet connection: Ensure that your Roku Express is connected to a stable internet connection. You can test your internet connection by going to Settings > Network > Check connection on your Roku device. If your connection is weak or unstable, try restarting your router or contacting your internet service provider for assistance.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Peacock not working on Roku express

Jump to solution

Hi @TheVampireRevan

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the Peacock app on your Roku Express. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem:

• Remove and reinstall the Peacock app: Go to the Roku home screen, navigate to the Peacock app, press the asterisk (*) button on your Roku remote, and select "Remove channel." Afterward, restart your Roku device.  We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart. Lastly, reinstall the Peacock app from the Roku Channel Store.
  • Check for Roku system updates: On your Roku device, go to Settings > System > System update and select "Check now" to ensure that your device is running the latest software version. If there are any updates available, proceed with the installation.
  • Clear cache and data: From the Roku home screen, navigate to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset. Choose "Reset connection" and then restart your Roku device. This step can help clear any temporary cache or data that might be causing issues.
  • Check your internet connection: Ensure that your Roku Express is connected to a stable internet connection. You can test your internet connection by going to Settings > Network > Check connection on your Roku device. If your connection is weak or unstable, try restarting your router or contacting your internet service provider for assistance.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.