Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chrinnie
Binge Watcher

Paramount+ Not showing Super Bowl on Roku app

Jump to solution

So, Paramount+ is just showing a black screen for Super Bowl 58 coverage in spite of the fact Roku is directly advertising that Paramount+ is streaming the SB live.... and it's happening on other people's Roku's.  So what gives?  Why can I pull it up on my laptop, but not Roku?  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Paramount+ Not showing Super Bowl on Roky app

Jump to solution

We believe Paramount+ has resolved the issue on their end. Please let us know if you are still seeing issues, or try back again. 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

54 REPLIES 54
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi there! A very small subset of users might be seeing a glitch when streaming on Paramount+. To resolve, check for a system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System Update > Check now. That should resolve it. Let us know! Go red!

Happy Streaming!

Chrinnie
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

And the software is, as of 2/11/24 at 3:48pm PST, up to date.  Software Version: 12.5.5  Build: 4174.

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Chrinnie wrote:

And the software is, as of 2/11/24 at 3:48pm PST, up to date.  Software Version: 12.5.5  Build: 4174.

Try checking for an update just to be sure. Are you located in the US?

Happy Streaming!

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Let us know a tracking ID and we'll take a look. To get a tracking ID, press Home 5x then Back 5x. You can upload the photo here or let us know the tracking ID and device ID. Thanks!

Happy Streaming!

0 Kudos
Chrinnie
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I already did that.... there's no point in looking at the Software Version without checking for an update just in case.  Not only am I located in the United States, I'm located in Las Vegas, Nevada.  Ironic since this is where the Super Bowl is being held.

Issue Report Tracker

Model 4802X - Roku Ultra
ID 5W-060-476  

Device ID???

RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Chrinnie wrote:

I already did that.... there's no point in looking at the Software Version without checking for an update just in case.  Not only am I located in the United States, I'm located in Las Vegas, Nevada.  Ironic since this is where the Super Bowl is being held.

Issue Report Tracker

Model 4802X - Roku Ultra
ID 5W-060-476  

Device ID???

Hmm, can you take a photo of the Tracker ID screen and post it here? Home 5x, Back 5x on your Roku remote to see this screen. This will allow our engineering team to take a peek. You could also try just restarting your device to see if it helps. 

Happy Streaming!

0 Kudos
Bobcat5

Jump to solution

Roku has issues. I tried to purchase paramount plus today and keep getting error code 006 after multiple system reboots and updating credit card info. Ultimately purchased it from paramount directly due to all of Roku’s tech issues 

Bobcat5

Jump to solution

Checked for updates. There are none. My system is up to date. Can’t buy Patamouht plus to see Super Bowl. Get your act together Roku. I bought direct from Paramount plus site and ran hdmi from laptop to tv 

0 Kudos
Chrinnie
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

IMG_6970.jpeg

interestingly I’ve already reset my device, the connection, uninstalled and reinstalled Paramount+.   I do all of that before I lodge a complaint.

0 Kudos