Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount App will not rewind

Jump to solution

@rbennett99 wrote:

If it's a Paramount + issue, why does rewind work on my TCL Roku tv but not on Roku Express?

The TV and the player don't have exactly the same operating systems. That means it's possible that the app isn't exactly the same on the two devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
adumbfakename
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount App will not rewind - please turn off the Solved tag, Carly.

Jump to solution

I came here and was glad to see this highly annoying problem marked solved! But after reading *five pages* of Roku device owners complaining about this issue and arguing with Dan, who doesn’t even have this problem, I’m throwing this **bleep** Roku device that has always been glitchy in the garbage where it belongs & switching to a laptop, because the Roku devices I have just make me feel like a **bleep**. They don’t work and there’s no support for them. Of Course Roku’s obligated to address this! They’re paid to support their own device owners, and paid by paramount plus to promote its channel too. But let’s get real, Roku can’t even moderate a support site properly. Argumentative tools like Dan & time-wasting throw it over the wall Carly are calling the shots. Community “support” threads like this one are just nails in your company’s coffin, Roku.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount App will not rewind - please turn off the Solved tag, Carly.

Jump to solution

Sorry you feel that someone has to experience the same problem before they have anything valid to say. I simply point out there are differences between different platforms, so you can't compare the app on a Roku with the same app on an Android device. And even within the same platform, there can be differences in the OS on different hardware. Roku devices have a wide variety of CPUs used, so sometimes they have to adjust the OS for different hardware. The OS version is the same, but you'll see a different build number on different hardware. 

When a developer is writing the code for their app, they have two options: write the code to cover all possible hardware versions that are still used, or restrict the app to only certain models of the device. On a Roku, some providers to have restrictions on the hardware their app can be used, while others attempt to make it work on everything out there. Paramount doesn't have the greatest track record with the coding of their app, even on different platforms. And that goes back to when the app was called CBS All Access. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.