Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AkOilMan
Reel Rookie

Pandora stops streaming @ 2:10 seconds into song, repeatably. Apple TV doesn't load.

Jump to solution

My Roku consistently stalls while playing Pandora (Premium Account) at the 2:10 second mark, and Apple TV fails to load, just shows the Apple TV picture and never loads beyond that.

I recently upgraded my home network by installing a Linksys Wifi 7 MBE700 which consists of 1 Router and 2 Nodes.  New Router is configured identically as the old router.

Post Router configuration and 30+ devices connected, I seem to be having an issue with my 4 Roku's streaming Pandora (Ver 6.5 build 0) and Apple TV (Ver 14.0 build 43). 

My primary Roku (Livingroom) 4800X Ultra, Software ver. 12.5 build 4178-c2. Wired connection good (93 MBPS) Set up as static IP. 

I have about 50 different streaming channels and Pandora and Apple TV are the only 2 channels that are acting up. 

I have logged out and removed the channels. unplugged Roku and Router for 10+ minutes, reloaded and logged back in and still have issue.   I unplugged the Fiber modem/Router/Nodes/ Roku for 10 minutes + and powered back up. 

Reexamined Router settings, Router is PPPoE to Modem, changed the redial period from 20, to 60, to 180, and back to 30 with no difference in problem.

Reading some of the possible fixes here I changed the screensaver period to 30 minutes and still 2:10 stall.  I even disabled the screensaver completely with no luck. 

Since I didn't have this issue prior to the Network upgrade, I assume that the new Router may be the culprit, however all other streaming channels appear to be working correctly so there is something unique about Pandora and Apple.  

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AkOilMan
Reel Rookie

Re: Pandora stops streaming @ 2:10 seconds into song, repeatably. Apple TV doesn't load.

Jump to solution

Issue resolved.

I spoke with Linksys Technical Support, and after trying several different steps, The Roku streaming issues disappeared when I went into my Router Configuration and disabled Express Forwarding.  The default is enabled, and my old Router was set to enabled however the MBE7000 acts a bit different as apposed to my other Router.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pandora stops streaming @ 2:10 seconds into song, repeatably. Apple TV doesn't load.

Jump to solution

Hi @AkOilMan,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for flagging us about this issue you're experiencing; we'd like to help. It seems like you haven't tried reinstalling the channel to see if there's any differences.

To do that refer to our guided steps here: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Let us know what works for you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AkOilMan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Rey,

Thank you for the reply. 

From my original post;

I have logged out and removed the channels. unplugged Roku and Router for 10+ minutes, reloaded and logged back in and still have issue. I unplugged the Fiber modem/Router/Nodes/ Roku for 10 minutes + and powered back up.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AkOilMan,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We regret to hear about your problem streaming on Apple TV and Pandora. Have you tried reaching out to the channel partner's customer support? If, after attempting the suggestions above, you can still not play any titles from a single channel while content from other channels plays fine, we highly suggest you contact the channel provider's customer support to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel might need to be addressed with an update from them. You can reach them by checking this channel's contact list.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AkOilMan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Issue resolved.

I spoke with Linksys Technical Support, and after trying several different steps, The Roku streaming issues disappeared when I went into my Router Configuration and disabled Express Forwarding.  The default is enabled, and my old Router was set to enabled however the MBE7000 acts a bit different as apposed to my other Router.  

0 Kudos