Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rokbad

Overheating stream stick with 4k

Jump to solution

I cannot believe Roku is comfortable selling these streaming sticks that overheat when you use them. Mine overheats when streaming 4K content. It is the only device plugged into the side of my TV in my cold basement. There is nothing to do on my end to prevent this except not watch 4K. Way to deceive customers Roku. Sell a 4K device that breaks when accessing 4K. Brilliant.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Overheating stream stick with 4k

Jump to solution

Hi, @Rokbad 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you have encountered with your Roku Streaming Stick 4K which overheats, and we're sorry for the troubles this has caused. For this matter, we would recommend getting the HDMI Extender that can be plugged to your Roku Streaming Stick 4K to resolve the overheating issues. 

Roku players can overheat if they are placed in an enclosed space, especially with other electronic equipment.

For more information, you can order a free HDMI extender to help move it away from the back of your TV.

Feel free to reach out to us if you have further concerns or inquries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Overheating stream stick with 4k

Jump to solution

Hi, @Rokbad 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you have encountered with your Roku Streaming Stick 4K which overheats, and we're sorry for the troubles this has caused. For this matter, we would recommend getting the HDMI Extender that can be plugged to your Roku Streaming Stick 4K to resolve the overheating issues. 

Roku players can overheat if they are placed in an enclosed space, especially with other electronic equipment.

For more information, you can order a free HDMI extender to help move it away from the back of your TV.

Feel free to reach out to us if you have further concerns or inquries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.