Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DEETEE1

Over heating issue need help

My stick overheats but it will not let me order the H DMI connector says serial number invalid

Please help thank you

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Over heating issue need help

Greeting @DEETEE1

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We're sorry for the inconvenience this caused. It is indeed, helpful to install an HDMI extender to avoid overheating as it moves away the device from the back of your TV. And you can order a free HDMI extender from us. 

Are you trying to enter the correct Serial number of the device? We believe you can still access your Roku device, if so we suggest you go to Settings > System > About to confirm this information. Once done, could you try again to place the order here?  

If unsuccessful, kindly let us know along with the serial number of your Roku device so we can help you further. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

There's nothing special about the Roku HDMI extension, it's just a short (4 inches or so) HDMI cord with an HDMI plug at one end and an HDMI socket at the other. I use one several feet long to locate my Streaming Stick in an equipment closet on the other side of the wall from my TV.

You may be able to find an HDMI extension locally, not have to mess around with reporting serial numbers to Roku, and not have to wait for someone to ship it to you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @DEETEE1 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your Roku device overheating. 

First off, are you using a Roku Streaming Stick or another Roku device? Please be aware that the Roku Streaming Stick is the only device that you will be able to order a HDMI extender for. Additionally, when inputting the serial number into the HDMI extender form, we would recommend using the serial provided in Settings > System > About, as sometimes the serial number listed on the Roku device may be the device ID and not the serial number.

For more information about what to do when your Roku device is overheating, visit our Support page here: Fix an overheating issue

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.