Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeeRDSKNS
Reel Rookie

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

I too have the same issues. HULU while watching will just all of a sudden return to the Home Screen and sometimes the volume drops out until I close and reopen the app. 
ROKU channel will not play any movies, they just return to the “play” selection.

streaming stick 3810RW; version 12.0.0 build 4184-50

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi! @Jijusino,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

Is there power on the Roku devices (is there a light on the Roku device)? Have you tried to factory reset the devices?

Please keep us posted on what you find out and will be more than happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Aldebrand
Binge Watcher

If y'all are actually reading this thread you know all of us already tried that. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [OS 12.0] Multiple apps are Failing on 12.0.0 after the new update

Hi @GeeRDSKNS,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

Please keep us posted on what you find out and will be more than happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GeeRDSKNS
Reel Rookie

What kind of support is this? All of the issues started with the software update. Power, settings etc. have all been checked and verified. Apps have been removed and reinstalled. The update has caused errors and needs to be corrected. Please fix the software.

0 Kudos
MPHTexas

I noticed my Paramount Plus channel crashing one hundred percent of the time (on Local TV option) a few days ago. Netflix always seems to have some periodic issues, so it may or may not also be affected. Prime video was acting up today also, but after reloading a couple of times, played through the episode. Hulu has not been affected as far as I can tell so far from my experience. I have 3 Roku devices and been a happy customer for about 4 years...until now.  How can we know if/when Roku fixes the buggy update?

Thanks so much for pointing out this problem so they are aware that there is a huge problem that could drive away both current customers and referrals from current customers.

GeeRDSKNS
Reel Rookie

Why is there no response to this issue. This has been happening since the 12.0.0 build 4184 update. Is there no tech support for ROKU??? All you can do is ask how is it powered??

Thw firmware that ROKU automatically uploaded to our device has failed and is causing content to not play. Why was this firmware released without testing it for failures. Unbelievable there is no resolution for this yet, or is no one concerned about wether or not it even works. Very frustrated with the device.

GeeRDSKNS
Reel Rookie

All of a sudden the ROKU channel started working correctly though no updates or changes have been implemented. Seems ROKU decided to fix the channel.

Maybe the other issue are corrected also. Imagine that!

0 Kudos
drdoctor

Re: All apps won't open, return to the home screen

We've been having the same issues as well. We own 2 Basic Roku Expresses. Third ones for each. The problem has gotten so bad that I could not pull anything up to watch this morning. I'm not going to go through all the gyrations that Roku Danny & Mary suggest. I shouldn't have to as this  most obviously a problem that needs to be fixed on Roku's end for the Whole community. I do not like that paid subscriptions are going to waste as long as this problem isn't fixed. I'm beginning to wonder if 1. Roku Danny & Mary aren't actually AI, or 2. that this is planned obsolescence, or 3. that all the programmers in the back room are playing poker or canasta or anything other than their job.

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: All apps won't open, return to the home screen

Hello @drdoctor

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We want to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please give us more details regarding the problem you're having so we can further assist you:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • when did you start seeing this issue occur

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We are looking forward to your response.
Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.