Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Re: Repetitive HDCP Error 20

Yea, I agree miadlor, stop letting them know what issues you’re having. Throw a hissy fit instead. That’ll fix it…

0 Kudos
DocHoliday62
Binge Watcher

Doubt it, I am a retired E/I tech been retired since 2015

0 Kudos
DocHoliday62
Binge Watcher

Most of us have been getting the error even before the last 2 updates search the web and there are tons of people complaining. I like the Roku over Apple but I been using my Apple 4k more an more I just don’t care for it’s LPCM sound mode, no DD+ just DD and LPCM

0 Kudos
DocHoliday62
Binge Watcher

I only get error for a few seconds in middle of movie or show, It goes away before you can even read it all.. I have 2 old Roku Ultra no DVision just HDR and they work fine 

0 Kudos
DocHoliday62
Binge Watcher

Being a retired E/I tech , This is unacceptable from Roku, If it don’t work 100% don’t sell it until it does. That’s the problem today people sell stuff they know has troubles and figure they will update it and sometime just never gets fixed. I have never had a single issue with either of my Apple 4ks if it wasn’t for LPCM output I wouldn’t even consider Roku because My Ultra has had this problem for a year now

0 Kudos
DocHoliday62
Binge Watcher

We haven’t even touched on the Remote failures being reported on their new Roku with rechargeable remotes so I just think they don’t care about customers … My opinion

0 Kudos
DocHoliday62
Binge Watcher

It’s not the AVR because like I said I get the error even with it plugged into TVs my new TV and with my 2019 Vizio so everything points to Roku …Again common Sense

0 Kudos
DocHoliday62
Binge Watcher

Maybe this could help a little, if I set the Roku for Dolby Vision I will get the error more often then when it’s set to Auto. The error pops up no matter if the movie is Dolby Vision or not

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Your issues are not common issues being reported that I’ve seen. 

0 Kudos
DocHoliday62
Binge Watcher

Set Roku to auto unchecked Dolby Vision always on but left match frame rate checked and left 4.2.2 checked for color depth, wish Roku could do 4.4.4 and RGB because my TV can handle both. So far haven’t seen any HDCP errors and it’s been 5 days. I believe the error has something to do with trying to view everything in Dolby Vision. Maybe try those settings and see what happens for ya because it looks like it has worked for my system. 

0 Kudos