Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DocHoliday62
Binge Watcher

Re: Repetitive HDCP Error 20

I should add that my TV is only a month old and is a 2022 LG Brand OLED and my AVR is a Yamaha Advantage RX A880 2020 model and the HDCP issue pops up every once in a while if it’s plugged into TV or AVR plus all my HDMI cables are new 

0 Kudos
DocHoliday62
Binge Watcher

You just can’t help yourself can ya young-in can yan

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

"Young-in"... Love it, thank you, but I have zero doubt I'm considerably older than you.

0 Kudos
TVSmartz
Channel Surfer

HDCP ERROR FIXED - Roku reverted my OS from OS 11 back to 10.5.0 over 2 weeks ago and I haven't seen the HDCP error since. On OS 11, I was seeing it multiple times per day.

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

I knew they were rolling that out to people with the issue, but it's only a workaround for now.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@DocHoliday62 wrote:

I should add that my TV is only a month old and is a 2022 LG Brand OLED and my AVR is a Yamaha Advantage RX A880 2020 model and the HDCP issue pops up every once in a while if it’s plugged into TV or AVR plus all my HDMI cables are new 

Well, I have multiple Roku players, all with 11.0. Two connect through Yamaha AVRs, the rest directly to the TV. All TVs but one are 4K, except when I travel and connect my Stick to a hotel TV. I use inexpensive Amazon Basics HDMI cables. The only player that has an occasional error message is the older Ultra 4640. There is no rhyme or reason to the error appearing, which makes troubleshooting very difficult. Perhaps I don't have any issues because I've always had the power saver function disabled, as that seems to be a trigger for the error.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

HDCP error on the newest Stick is fairly consistent for those experiencing it. For Ultras it seems to me a common denominator is AV systems or soundbars but it seems far less prevalent.

0 Kudos
miadlor
Streaming Star

The only common denominator is firmware 11. Everyone needs to stop troubleshooting. They need to stop sending in their logs. The arrogance of Roku not posting an official statement, is unexcusable. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@miadlor wrote:

The only common denominator is firmware 11. 

Has nothing to do with OS 11. My older 4640 has seen HDCP errors (randomly and extremely rare) since some versions of OS 9. Others reported problems with 10.5 as well. This makes it something that is extremely difficult to diagnose. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

It is in fact 11.0. Those other issues are anomalies.

0 Kudos