Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stromdriver
Binge Watcher

Re: New 2020 Roku Ultra Not Recognizing HDCP 2.2 - ERROR 020

i peeked at that avsforum thread earlier.  i may try the 4.2.0 to see if it makes a difference but the 4.2.0 seems to be where people were getting the hdcp errors with.

interesting side note, in trying different things the other day and had set my display resolution to automatic, and it's been increasingly getting 'stuck' at 720p even when playing 4k content, rebooting would let it display properly, at first, today it stopped working and had to do the 'auto detect' test to get it to revert to full resolution, so i just set it to be forced 4k hdr 10 all the time

0 Kudos
Mattopotamus
Reel Rookie

It’s infuriating. It started for me in the last few weeks.

I’ll give the suggested tips a try:

4.2.0, HDR auto off, and pass through for audio. 

0 Kudos
AngelWithAnEye
Reel Rookie

Having the same issue with new Roku Ultra direct to Optoma P2.  This is a real problem!  Roku?  Can you please research this?

0 Kudos
EagleGeek
Channel Surfer

I exchanged the 4800x for a new one. The new one has the same issue.

I discovered a 4640X  model on another TV. I grabbed that and connected it to the Optoma P2 w Bose 900 soundbar.  That is working perfectly.

I am convinced it's the 4800X. Either bad hardware, or bad firmware, or combination of both.

I

0 Kudos
Mattopotamus
Reel Rookie

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the difference between the 4680 and 4800 is possibly the lack of ATMOS on the 4680. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Mattopotamus wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the difference between the 4680 and 4800 is possibly the lack of ATMOS on the 4680. 

The 4800 has a completely different CPU/chipset from the earlier versions of the Ultra. The 4680 will do Atmos, but it won't do Dolby Vision, which the 4800 does. The 4800 is also the only Roku that supports the AC-4 audio codec, which is used by the new ATSC 3.0 broadcast standard, and likely will become available on streaming providers in the future. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Mattopotamus
Reel Rookie

Thanks. I couldn’t remember if it lacked ATMOS or DV.  I definitely suggest checking HDMI cables. I did realize mine were a few years old, and very easily could have been the problem.  

0 Kudos
smi

same problem. I'm using the hmi cable that came with the player. Having to restart to get a picture

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@smi

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to assist you, but we need further information. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
stromdriver
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R 
occurs on multiple channels, netflix, hbomax, youtube, hulu, et al.  I believe i may have even had the black screen flash without the error screen just on the home screen.
4800rw
x01000r0n335
s02c20a0n335
11.0.0 build 4193-c2
next time it does it i'll try to remember to get the tracker.
steps required, select something to watch, wait for error to happen.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.